Swimming is a healthy activity that can be enjoyed by everyone. It's an excellent and relaxing way to exercise as the water supports the body, so less stress is placed on joints and bones.
We offer various levels of swimming at our centre:
- Swim School
- School swimming
- One to one swimming lessons
Please see below our live interactive timetable. You can view the timetable by day, week and sessions, plus you can print or download your own timetable.
- Use the ‘Filter’ button to select timetable by session or pool.
- Click the ‘calendar icon’ to select a specific date
- Click ‘All’ for the full week's timetable.
- Hover over the session name for a description of the session.
- Timetable also available on the Splashpath website, plus there is a iphone app available, for details visitwww.splashpath.com
Wavelengths Leisure Centre
Pool admission policy and ratio guidelines
During Fun Sessions / Flumes Open and Features on
Age 0-3 must be accompanies on a one adult to one child basis
Age 4-7 must be accompanied on a one adults to two child basis
Mixed ages (when one child is 3 or under and one 4-7) Two adults must accompany as the under 3 must have 1:1 supervision.
Quiet programmed sessions in leisure pool, no flumes or features
0-7 One adult to two children regardless of age or swimming ability.
Children 8+ - Any public swimming session that permits children 8 years + As long as the child can swim no adult supervision is needed.
What swimming does for you?
- Tones almost every major muscle in your body and many minor ones as well
- Burns calories
- Regulates breathing
- Stimulates circulation
- Soothes the mind
- Improves stamina
- Improves cardiovascular (heart and lungs) fitness
- Offers a non-impact environment, unlike running or weight training
- Provides social interaction, either through clubs or meeting friends
Can't find what you're looking for? Please don't hesitate to Contact Us.