It's 2022, a new year means time for new goals - time to get healthy and happy! Leaving the sofa and stepping foot into a new environment can be daunting, especially when you are unsure on where to start. Rest assured there will always be someone to help! Below are some tips that can help you on your fitness journey:
· Find a gym buddy - someone to help you on your journey, it's easy to think of excuses when on your own so find someone to help keep you motivated (and you can keep them motivated!)
· Plan your sessions - Walking into the gym with no plan can lead you to feeling more nervous. Plan your sessions so you know where you're going to be, what you're going to be doing and when, walk in with your head held high and own it!
· Write down your goals -Studies show that writing down your goals will help visualise, and therefore, achieve said goals. Try it and you might be pleasantly surprised!
· Don't over-do it - You don't need to be working out 7 days a week for 3 hours each day to make a difference. Start off small and work your way up, any exercise is positive exercise!
· Don't be afraid to ask -Whether you need an extra hand, or you're unsure on how a piece of equipment works, we will always be more than happy to help.
· Enjoy it! Find a routine that you enjoy and that you know you can keep up. Try different Group Exercise Classes and you might find a new favourite. Experience a fun, energetic class with Zumba, or work those legs extra hard in a Spin class. Maybe Aqua Aerobics is more your thing!
Don't lose motivation, you've done the hardest part now keep going!