We've listened to member and user feedback regarding the challenges around gym floor space and group cycling experience, and as a result, we have decided to re-locate our spinning bikes to Studio 1 from 15th January 2018.
What will this re-location mean?
- A far greater group cycle class experience
- Increased gym floor space to allow more room for stretch
Will this move effect other existing group exercise classes?
- We carefully pre-planned all changes in principle prior to pressing the 'GO' button
- There will be some class time changes - please see the live group exercise timetable for more information.
- There will be some class relocations with classes that were in studio 1 being moved to either studio 2 or studio 3.
- As an overflow, we will be using Whippersnappers studio in the evenings - please see the live class timetable for studio class locations.
Will there be any class cancellations due to this move?
To give all our members a fair opportunity to attend one of our group exercise classes, we will now be charging a fee to anyone who does not attend a class they have booked on to.
This is to encourage all members to attend the classes they book or cancel with enough time to allow other members the opportunity to secure a space too. We hope this will allow all of our members the chance to book onto their favourite classes before all the spaces are filled and also be able to attend vibrant, full sessions.
The charge will apply if the class is not cancelled 4 hours before the start of the activity and will reflect the standard price of the class at pay as you go level.
Please note that if an account has a charge this will prevent future bookings and centre access until cleared. To count as 'registered' for a class, you must scan through the gates with your membership card electronically or for centres without gates present your card to reception for them to record your attendance.
If you have any further questions please speak to a member of staff at reception.