We are so pleased to share that the Christmas Day Swim is back for 2021 - 2nd Session Added!
Due to incredible demand, we've added a second Christmas Day Swim at 10.45am.
Tickets go on sale Friday 3rd December at 1pm on our app and website.
The 45-minute session is at 10:45am and tickets will be £8 per person, for both members and non-members.
The 10am session sold out immediately and we expect these to go quickly too - set your alarm!
You can purchase your ticket either on the app or here on the website when you log in to the booking portal.
Due to the time of year, please expect the pool to be on the chillier side - so come prepared!
Here are some cold water swimming tips to bear in mind!
- Know your limits - there are many benefits to cold water swimming including reducing stress and promoting a healthy immune system. Although listen to your body and be aware of when you have reached your limit.
- Keep covered on areas like your head, hands and feet to try and retain body heat, you can wear neoprene gloves, booties, a swim hat and even a wetsuit if you feel comfortable.
- Do a small warm-up beforehand, this will help to increase your heart rate and body temperature ready for when you enter the water, reducing the chance of cold-water shock.
- Enter the water slowly - get yourself used to the temperature by initially splashing the water on your face and then slowly lowering yourself into the pool. Try and keep your head above water.
- Bring a warm drink and food to enjoy after your swim, this way allows your body to gently warm up whilst getting vital post-workout energy.
We can't wait to welcome you on Christmas Day!