Oxford Ice Rink is now open!
Here are the procedures we have put in place will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Before you come:
- For pay and skate users, all sessions must be pre-booked and paid for online or via the Fusion Lifestyle app. Subscriptions members also need to pre-book online or via the app, complying with the Government's test and trace service. This ensures that the rink has no more than the permitted number of users and you have plenty of personal space.
- The booking system will be live from Thursday 13th May, between 10am and 2pm.
- When booking please select your session time.
- Please do not arrive before the start of your session as you will not be allowed access. If you arrive late, you will be refused entry.
- Please do not come in groups of more than six.
- Please come ready to skate, changing rooms and lockers will be closed.
When you arrive:
Important - Please do not arrive before the start of your 10 minute entry window. Before this time, please wait away from the entrance and ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Have your membership card ready, this will be required on every visit. If you don't have one, this will be given to you on your first visit.
- On entry to the building, please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Once through the reception follow the directional signage and please maintain a safe social distance. There will be a directional system in place, so please follow the arrows as directed.
- Put your skates on in the designated Skate change area.
- Staff will be on-hand to assist at all times.
1st of the month Direct Debit
If your direct debit usually comes out on the 1st of the month, you will be charged as normal on the 1st June. You will be able to access the ice rink, free of charge, from 17th May. This will cover any lost time due to lockdown.
15th of the month Direct Debit
If your direct debit usually comes out on the 15th of the month, you will be charged 65% of your payment on 15th May. Full payments will resume from 15th June.
All annual memberships will be extended by the amount of time lost due to the centre being closed. All annual memberships will be active again we reopen on 17th May.
On the ice:
- Please ensure you were a face covering at all times except when participating in sporting activities
- There will be a one way anti clockwise system in place while skating, please ensure you stick to this unless instructed otherwise
- Please maintain social distancing when overtaking other skaters and keep moving where possible.
- Once the session has finished skaters need to vacate the ice following the directional signage displayed and vacate the venue immediately after.
- Bring your own water. Our fountains will not be in use.
Booking is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
When booking your skate session on the app, please ensure you follow the steps:
- From the home page, select '1. Book your general admission'
- Choose the session that suits you, select the number of adults and children in your group. NB. Please ensure you do not come in groups of more than six.
- Complete the steps of the booking process to confirm your skate session
- If you require skates, head back to the home page and select '2. Hire any skates you need'
- Select the same session that you had booked in Step 1 and the add the required skates
- Complete the steps of the booking process to confirm your skate hire
- If you require skate aids, head back to the home page and select '3. Hire your skate aids'
- Select the same session that you had booked in Step 1 and the add the required skate aids
- Complete the steps of the booking process to confirm your skate aids
Skate School will resume in from 5th June.
Direct debits will resume from 1st June.
Your class time will be the same as before lockdown.
We would like to thank you for your patience and support while we were closed and can't wait to welcome you back at the centre soon!