We are pleased to be able to tell you that swimming returns to Park Road Lido this Friday 17th July for adult lane swimming. Following the release of the government guidelines and significant investment over recent months, we can now confirm the procedures we have put in place to ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Before you come:
- All sessions will need to be booked and paid for online, or via the Fusion App. This includes subscriptions members and pay-as-you-go customers, ensuring that the pool has no more than the permitted number of swimmers, and you have plenty of personal space.
- When booking, please select your 10 minute entry window.
- Please do not arrive before the start of your 10 minute entry window as your membership card will not allow access. If you arrive late, you will be refused entry.
- Your booked swimming session is for 50 minutes.
- This will also capture your contact details, complying with the government's Track and Trace scheme.
- Please only arrive at the centre at your allocated entry time.
- Please come 'beach-ready', with your swim costume already on. Changing rooms will be closed.
- If you want to use any equipment, such as floats or goggles, please bring these with you.
When you arrive:
Important - Please only start to queue at the centre at the start of your allocated 10 minute entry window. Before this time, please wait away from the entrance and ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- You don't need to be anxious about whether you will be admitted. Your pre-booked session is guaranteed if you are on time.
- Please wait to be called to reception by a team member and maintain social distancing at all times, the safety of our staff and customers is paramount.
- Have your membership card ready, this will be required on every visit. If you don't have one, this will be given to you on your first visit.
- On entry to the building, please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- When you are called through to reception, simply swipe you card at the turnstile to gain admission.
- Follow the directional signage to the changing areas, please maintain a safe social distance during changing. There will be a one-way system in place, so please follow the arrows as directed.
- Once you enter the pool, please keep your swim to a maximum of 50 minutes.
- Staff will be on-hand to assist at all times.
- Weekdays: 08:00am - 19:30pm (last entry 18:30pm).
- Weekends: 8.00am - 16.00pm (last entry 15:30pm).
- Please exit the pool before the end of your session time.
- Adult lane swim - £8.
-Free access for members - book 3 sessions in July free of charge. Your membership will resume from 1st August at your standard rate. Member access terms may apply, please see our FAQs for more information
- For the moment, only lane swimming will be available. We will be utilising 'double' lanes.
- You will need to use which lane (slow, medium, fast) is most appropriate for your ability, based on users already in the pool.
- Use the steps to enter the pool, ensuring social distancing.
- Swim responsibly, maintaining social distancing at all times, follow the correct directions (clockwise within your roped section). Do not overtake.
- If you need to rest, move to the side of the pool to allow other swimmers to pass.
- Avoid overtaking while swimming. Consider changing lanes during the session if this is not an appropriate lane.
- The water fountain will be out of use until further notice, please bring your own filled drinks bottle.
Relaxing and leaving:
- A reduced number of showers will be available for use, please stay in costume if you require a shower.
- As changing facilities are closed, please 'beach-change' while maintaining social distancing.
- When you have finished your swim, ensure you maintain a safe social distance from other users while changing.
- Please follow the directional signage to exit the building, using the hand sanitisers provided before leaving.
We can't wait to see you, the pool water is in perfect condition, the sun should be shining. Summer is here!