We are pleased to be able to let you know that from next week (3rd August 2020) we are beginning the phased re-openings of the leisure centres in the Braintree District. Thank you for your patience during these last few months.
Confirmed dates for all centres are as follows:
Monday 3rd August 2020:
- Braintree Sport and Health - Gym and Group Exercise
- Witham Leisure Centre - Gym and Group Exercise
- Halstead Leisure Centre - Gym and Group Exercise
Monday 10th August 2020:
- Witham Leisure Centre - Swimming Pool for adult lane swimming
Monday 7th September 2020:
- Braintree Swim & Fitness - Swimming Pool and Gym
- Halstead Leisure Centre - Swimming Pool
Following the release of the government guidelines, we can now confirm the procedures we have put in place will ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Before you come:
- For pay and play users, all sessions must be pre-booked and paid for online or via the Fusion Lifestyle app. Subscriptions members also need to pre-book online or via the app, complying with the Government's test and trace service. This ensures that the centre has no more than the permitted number of users and you have plenty of personal space.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your session. If you arrive before this time, please wait outside of the building until 10 minutes before your session starts, while maintaining social distancing from others. Your access card or ticket will not work until 10 minutes before your swimming session.
- All Swimming Sessions are 50 minutes long and we will ask swimmers to exit the pool after this time, this allows us to clear the pool and support with cleaning between sessions.
- Your booked session is for 50 minutes.
- Please come 'gym-ready' or 'swim-ready', with your workout clothes or swim costume already on. Changing rooms will be closed.
When you arrive:
Important - Please do not arrive before the start of your 10 minute entry window for the gym, for swimming and group exercise classes please arrive no more than 10 minute before your session or class. Before this time, please wait away from the entrance and ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Have your membership card ready, this will be required on every visit. If you don't have one, this will be given to you on your first visit.
- On entry to the building, please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Once through the turnstiles follow the directional signage and please maintain a safe social distance. There will be a directional system in place, so please follow the arrows as directed.
- Staff will be on-hand to assist at all times.
Weekdays: 8.00am - 20:00pm
Weekends: 8.00am - 16.00pm
If you are a subscription member, your first direct debit payment will start again from the 3rd August minus the days you are owed from when we closed on the 20th March. From the 1st September your direct debit will then resume as normal.
Gym & Group Exercise:
- Gym equipment will be spaced out and different areas of the centre may be used to provide additional space.
- Some group exercise classes may be moved to larger areas or outside (weather permitting) to ensure everyone has plenty of personal space. Please respect the personal space of all other users and staff.
- Everyone is responsible for cleanliness and we will provide ample cleaning materials. It is essential that all users clean all kit, including exercise mats, before and after use. Please bring your own exercise mat if you have one.
- Feel free to use your own hand sanitiser, but it will be available within the centre at reception, the gym and in group exercise locations. Masks are not compulsory, but by all means wear one if you wish.
- Bring your own water. Our fountains will not be in use.
- Please exit the gym/group exercise locations immediately after your session time ends.
- We will be utilising 'double' lanes. You will need to use which lane (slow, medium, fast) is most appropriate for your ability, based on users already in the pool.
- Use the steps to enter the pool, ensuring social distancing.
- Swim responsibly, maintaining social distancing at all times, follow the correct directions (clockwise within your roped section). Do not overtake.
- If you need to rest, move to the side of the pool to allow other swimmers to pass.
- Avoid overtaking while swimming. Consider changing lanes during the session if this is not an appropriate lane.
- Our Swimming Pool Admission policy applies; all children under 4 years must be supervised by an adult (aged 16+) on a 1 to 1 basis. Children aged 4-7 years must be supervised by one adult to a maximum of 2 children. If this minimum supervision is not adhered to, we will not be able to allow entry to the session.
- We have reduced our capacity to give you plenty of space to enjoy your swim. While you can swim without social distancing within your family/ household, you will need to respect other pool users and families and ensure social distancing is maintained from other groups.
- Equipment will not be available for shared use, please bring your own suitable equipment where needed.
- Please exit the pool immediately after your session time ends and follow the directional signage to exit the building, using the hand sanitisers provided before leaving.
We would like to thank you for your patience and support while we were closed and can't wait to welcome you back at the centre soon!